Veneers - Dallas, TX
Make Your Smile Dazzle Again
Are you tired of hiding your smile behind your hand or lurking in the backgrounds of photos? Are you feeling overwhelmed by the number of cosmetic dental flaws you’re facing and unsure of what to do next to accomplish your smile goals? Dr. Mariya Barnett, your cosmetic dentist in Dallas, would be happy to help you. With new, customized porcelain veneers, achieving the appearance of your dreams is easier than you’d think. Contact our practice today to schedule your first consultation, or if you have any questions we can help you with.
What is a Porcelain Veneer?
A porcelain veneer is a high-quality restoration that is crafted from similar materials as a tooth-colored dental crown. However, there is one big difference – instead of being meant to cover the entire tooth, veneers are designed to be ultra-thin shells that fit over just the front, visible surfaces of your smile.
Are Porcelain Veneers Right for Me?
If you’re interested in correcting several dental flaws at once instead of having to arrange separate cosmetic services for each one of them, a new porcelain veneer is a great option. They can be used to correct a wide variety of common imperfections that patients face in the mirror every day, including the following:
- Chips, cracks, and worn-down dental structure
- Teeth that are noticeably misaligned
- Small gaps between teeth (“instant orthodontics”)
- Noticeable staining/yellowing/general discoloration
- Teeth that are strangely shaped or overly short
How Do I Get Porcelain Veneers?
Generally, having a new porcelain veneer designed, crafted, and placed by your dentist in Dallas takes two appointments. After we’ve confirmed that this is the right cosmetic solution for you during your initial consultation, the teeth will have to be slightly altered in order to accommodate the restoration. After capturing detailed impressions of the affected teeth, Dr. Barnett will provide you with a temporary veneer so that you can get used to its look and feel while a trusted dental laboratory crafts your permanent version.
Receiving the new, finished veneer back at our practice usually takes a couple of weeks, after which our team will invite you back in for a follow-up appointment right away. After ensuring that your new veneer looks great and feels comfortable in the mouth, all that’s left to do is make any final, small adjustments and then cement it securely in place. You’ll be able to leave that day with a much-improved appearance and sense of self-confidence!
What are the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
- Porcelain veneers in Dallas are high in quality and can typically last anywhere from 15-25 years with the help of proper maintenance.
- Veneers are highly versatile and can be used to treat several cosmetic dental problems at once, saving patients valuable time.
- The dental porcelain used to create veneers is so lifelike in appearance that it even reflects light just like your original enamel does. The people around you will hardly be able to tell the difference.
Veneers are so sturdy that they even discolor at a slower rate than your natural teeth do. This means the improvements you’ve achieved will last longer