Dental Insurance Coverage
Dental insurance is an essential part of making dentistry services affordable for all of the families we treat at the Dallas dentistry practice of Mariya Barnett, DDS Family & Cosmetic Dentistry. Our team has years of experience processing and filing dental insurance claims to ensure our patients receive the maximum coverage and keep the healthy, happy smiles on their faces for years to come. We work with dental insurance providers and complex benefit plans every day, and we have a thorough understanding of how insurance will cover all of our dental services. Call our team if you have questions about your dental insurance, treatment plan, or need help with any of your dentistry needs. We’re here to help whenever you need us.
In-Network Dental Care
One of the most complicated and most important considerations that impacts the cost of dental treatment is finding an in-network provider. Dentists who are in your benefit plan’s network have a preexisting contract with the insurer stating that they will charge fees in line with the insurance plan’s fair and average fees. They also work with these plans regularly, so there is less chance you’ll be surprised by unexpected costs. At Maryia Barnett, DDS Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, we are in-network with Cigna, BlueCross Blue Shield, and Delta Dental, but we will also do our utmost to maximize your treatment coverage for both in-network and out of network dental insurance providers.
Maximizing Dental Insurance
The easiest way to make the most of your dental insurance is to keep up with your regular dental appointments. During these biannual dental checkups, we’re able to partner with you to prevent most major oral health concerns, and those that aren’t preventable will be diagnosed in the earliest possible stages in order to ensure conservative treatments that effectively renew your oral health. Most importantly, the majority of dental benefit plans completely cover preventive dental appointments, so you’ll receive the maximum amount of dental benefits and keep your smile whole and healthy for life. Dental insurance coverage percentages typically breakdown as follows:
- Preventive care – 80 to 100% covered by insurance
- Restorative treatments – 50 to 80% covered by insurance
- Orthodontics – about 50% covered by insurance
- Cosmetic dentistry – not usually covered by traditional benefit plans
We are always happy to answer your questions and help you make the most of your dental insurance coverage, but some of the dental benefit basics every patient should understand include the following:
- Premiums – the monthly fee you and/or your employer pay into the dental insurance plan
- Maximums – the highest amount your dental benefit plan will cover for treatment during any plan year
- Covered cost – the percentage of total treatment cost (your plan’s fair and reasonable fee) that the benefit provider pays
- Out of pocket cost – the percentage of the total treatment cost you will pay